Take your cocktail game to the next level
If you’re a fan of cocktails, you know that the right liquor can make or break your drink. And when it comes to rum, there are so many ways to infuse it with flavors that can take your cocktail game to the next level. Here’s everything you need to know about how to make flavored rum infusions for your next cocktail.
Why infuse rum?
Infusing rum can add depth and complexity to your cocktails, and allow you to customize the flavors to your liking. For example, you could infuse rum with vanilla, cinnamon, or other spices to create a warm and spicy flavor. Or, you could infuse it with fruit or herbs to create a light and refreshing taste. Infusing rum also allows you to experiment with new flavor combinations, which is perfect for adventurous cocktail enthusiasts.
How do you infuse rum?
Infusing rum is a simple process, but it requires some patience. Here’s a step-by-step guide to infusing rum for cocktails:
- Choose your rum: Start with a high-quality rum that you enjoy drinking on its own, like Yolo Rum! Don’t worry the infusion will only enhance its natural flavors.
- Choose your flavorings: Decide on the flavorings you want to use for your infusion. You can use fresh or dried fruit, herbs, spices, or even tea.
- Combine ingredients: Place the rum and your chosen flavorings in a glass jar or bottle, and give it a good shake to distribute the ingredients.
- Let it sit: Allow the rum to infuse for at least 24 hours, or up to a week or more for a stronger flavor. The longer you infuse it, the more intense the flavor will be.
- Strain and store: Once your rum has infused to your liking, strain out the flavorings using a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Store the infused rum in a clean bottle or jar until you’re ready to use it.
Infused Rum Cocktail Ideas:
Once you’ve infused your rum, the possibilities for cocktails are endless. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Pineapple Rum Punch: Combine infused pineapple yolo rum with pineapple juice, orange juice, and a splash of grenadine for a tropical, fruity drink.
- Rum Old Fashioned: Mix infused spiced rum with simple syrup, bitters, and a twist of orange for a cozy, warming drink.
- Lavender Rum Lemonade: Combine infused lavender rum with lemonade and a sprig of fresh lavender for a light and refreshing drink.
This is only just the beginning. Once you have infused your rum, you can experiment with just about any of our Yolo Rum cocktail recipes.
Infusing rum for cocktails is fun and easy
Infusing rum for cocktails is a fun and easy way to experiment with new flavors and take your cocktail game to the next level. Just be sure to start with a high-quality rum, choose your flavorings carefully, and give it plenty of time to infuse for the best results. Hopefully you found these instructions of how to make flavored rum infusions helpful. Be sure to let us know what combinations you are mixing up! Cheers!